ISAP #8: The 3 Myths of Working in International Education
This week we're diving into the realities and myths of working in international education. I receive emails every day from people trying to break into the field asking what it's really like to work in this field. Emerging professionals have a lot of ideas on what a career in the space really looks like - some are spot on but some are way off.
In this episode you'll learn:
- Why it's important to know what the IE world is all about before you dive head first into a career
- The three main myths most people believe about working in international education
- The big differences between participating in programs abroad and administering those same programs
- The types of organizations and positions the lend themselves to the "sexy" side of international education
- Can you really get a job in study abroad without a master's degree?
- And more!